Travel Insurance for Aussies, Kiwis & Saffas

  • Cover as long as you’re currently living in the EU
  • No minimum residency requirements
  • Already Abroad / Already Travelling Cover
  • Extra Option for Repatriation to Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
  • Cover for one way travel
Get a Quote
travel insurance for Aussies Kiwis & Saffas

What is Travel Insurance for Aussies, Kiwis & Saffas?

Our full range of Travel Insurance products are available to Australian, New Zealand and South African passport holders who are currently living in the EU or EEA. So whether you are working or taking a gap year in an EU country, Aussies, Kiwis & Saffas can get cover with Globelink quickly cheaply. Cover is for round trip journeys from your current country of residence in the EU and or EEA also for one way trips of up to 12 months. You can also optionally extend your cover with one of our Extras to include Repatriation Cover to your home country where medically necessary. It is policy requirement that the additional Repatriation cover must be included if you are on a one way trip exceeding 31 days.

We have no minimum residency period but you should get yourself registered with a medical practitioner or whatever the local applicable healthcare arrangements are in your current country of residence.

Repatriation Cover

All of our products include Repatriation cover where medically necessary, back to your current country of residence in the EU or EEA as standard. Passport holders of Australia, New Zealand or South Africa also have the Extra option to add cover to include Repatriation to their home country.

One Way Travel

Globelink can get you covered even on one way trips to Australia, New Zealand or South Africa. However, if your trip duration exceeds 31 days, you must also purchase the Extra Optional cover for Repatriation.

See below for details of the optional extensions we offer. Also take a look at our awesome Backpackers Guide to Insurance. If you still need help, please email us at or call us on +357 240 30337 and we will gladly answer any questions about our travel insurance cover for Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans who are currently living the EU.

Travel Insurance Additional Options

  • Repatriation cover (compulsory for one way trips over 31 days)
  • Excess Waiver
  • Cancellation Top Up
  • Hazardous Adventure Activities
  • Extra Cover for Valuables
  • Golfer's cover
  • Extra Cover for Event Cancellation


The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) / Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) provides some emergency healthcare within the EU, but it does not cover Repatriation costs, or a doctor or nurse escort home; nor lost or stolen property. You need Travel Insurance for that.


Still have questions?

Email us on or give our team a call on +44 (0) 1353 699082 or +357 240 30337.
Get an instant quote with Globelink

For reliable Travel Insurance, simply complete 5 quick & easy steps. Pay with your Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal and receive your policy documents by email in seconds.


We accept